Welcome to the Faculty Portal
Improve Your Teaching Skills
- SEA offers a community of educators with opportunities to do the following:
- Teaching tools
- Curriculum design: When designing a curriculum at your program, it is useful to take a look at what others are doing.
- Tech tools and the web made easy
- Peer coaching
- Educational materials (for registered users only)
Manage Your Academic Career
- Understanding advancement on a teaching track
- Documenting your work
- Curriculum vitae
- Educator's Portfolio: The role of educators is becoming more recognized in many departments/institutions. One important method of showcasing yourself is by including an Educator's Portfolio with your traditional CV. The website of The Haile T. Debas Academy of Medical Educators at the University of California, San Francisco is a great resource for anyone interested to get additional information on this subject. With permission, we hope to post some sample portfolios.
- Publishing your work product
- JEPM: The Journal of Education in Perioperative Medicine (JEPM) is the official electronic journal of the SEA. It publishes peer reviewed articles twice (sometimes three times) annually with sections featuring review articles, original articles, special articles, brief reports and letters. There is also a section specifically devoted to educational materials called the electronic education library (EEL). The EEL is a format where educators are encouraged to submit educational materials which they find to be helpful.
- Other education publications are listed on the Researcher Portal and under Web Links.
- Help with your job: Career tips from fellow academic educators
- Profiles of careers in education