2015 Spring Meeting Highlights
- On Friday, April 24, 2015, the ASE (American Surgical Education) Curriculum Committee sponsored a “Thinking Out of the Box” session where ASE presenters and SEA presenters presented educationally sound and creative ideas. The abstracts from that presentation can be viewed here (for registered users only).
- On Sunday, April 26, 2015 the winners of the SEA curriculum poster presentations were presented. The winners are noted below:
- 1st place: The Perioperative Surgical Home (PSH): A Novel Prospect for Anesthesia Resident Training; Navid Alem, MD, University of California Irvine, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care
- 2nd place: Roles utilizing the Anesthesia Care Team Model; Kristin M Ondecko Ligda, MD; University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, UPMC Mercy Hospital
- 3rd place: Integration of Simulation into a First Year Medical School Basic Science Curriculum; Lori Meyers; The Ohio State University College of Medicine
FAER Research in Education Grant
Summer/Fall Deadline: August 15, 2015
The Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research (FAER) call for applications for grant funding for 2015 has ended, but remember to check the FAER website for the 2016 cycle, including the Research in Education Grant.
The Research in Education Grant advances the careers and knowledge of anesthesiologists interested in improving the concepts, methods and techniques of education in anesthesiology. The REG is focused on developing innovative approaches for anesthesia education. The REG is a two-year $100,000 award that provides funding to anesthesiologists who have completed their clinical anesthesia training and have academic faculty appointments. It is available to faculty members of all ranks. Years one and two are funded up to $50,000 each. The REG requires 40 percent research time. More information is also available online: http://faer.org/research-grants/research-in-education-grant/.
New Milestones Tool
A new OB Anesthesia Monthly Evaluation tool has been added. Click here to see it along with other examples of scoring tools for Milestones (for registered users only).